Monday, October 20, 2008

Soft Sour Cream Sugar Cookies


5 c. flour

2 c. sugar

1 c. shortening

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. sour cream

2 eggs

2 tsp. baking powder

Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Sift in dry ingredients. Chill 1 hour. Roll out the dough and cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

I'm a sucker for soft sugar cookies. I have a FANTASTIC buttercream frosting recipe that compliments these cookies wonderfully, just look it up.


6 comments:

Dan ~ Holly said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your blog. It is full of fun ideas and great recipe's. You are more than welcome to repost my recipe's. Thanks for asking! :)

http://day2daywithhollyj.blogspot.com/

CRAF T. said...

Thanks Holly! Much Appreciated!
-Erika

Dana said...

I have never heard of sour cream in a sugar cookie. Is that what makes it soft. CAuse I love a soft sugar cookie!!

The Guymons Gossip said...

Yep dana! Gotta LOVE those soft sugar cookies! You have to try them! Just don't roll them too thin, or they will be crunchy!
-Erika
I can just imagine it now, All the little porritts helping mom make sugar cookies in the kitchen!

Melissa said...

I have never had success with sugar cookies, but I made these and they turned out wonderful! Thanks so much for the recipe. I will be making these again soon.

The Guymons Gossip said...

Melissa-
I'm so glad they turned out for you!!!!
-Erika

Blog Widget by LinkWithin