Recipe and Picture from Taste Of Home
- 1 roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff onion in chicken; tie drumsticks together. Arrange garlic cloves around chicken. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over chicken and garlic.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours. Uncover; bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
I found this in one of my favorite cook books...Taste Of Home!