1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 T. teriyaki sauce
2 T. hoisin sauce
1 T. brown sugar
2 T. water
2 t. sesame oil
1 t. soy sauce
1 1/2 t. minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 t. minced gingerroot
1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
1 1/2 t. olive oil
1 1/4 c. grated mozzarella
2 green onions
1/2 c. bean sprouts
1/2 carrot julienned
2 t. minced cilantro
1 T. chopped peanuts
- Prepare your pizza crust according to crust directions.
- Mix together the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small bowl. Pour this mixture into a food processor or blender and blend for about 15 seconds or until the garlic, onion, and ginger reduced to small particles. Pour this mixture into a small pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Don't cook too long or your sauce will become lumpy.
- Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces
- Pour 1/3 of the peanut sauce over the chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat 1 t. of oil in a small pan over medium/high heat.
- Cook the marinated chicken 3 to 4 minutes in the pan.
- Roll out your pizza crust and place on the baking sheet or pizza pan. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Spread a thin coating of the remaining peanut sauce on the pizza crust. You may have leftover sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 c. of the grated mozzarella over the peanut sauce.
- Slice the green onions. Spread the onions over the cheese.
- Arrange the chicken of the pizza.
- Next, add the bean sprouts and julienned carrots.
- Sprinkle the leftover mozzarella just over the center of the pizza.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the mozzarella, then the chopped nuts on top.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Slice the pizza.
Mike and I made this pizza the other night for dinner. It was fabulous!! It was more work then I like to put into making pizza, but definitely worth it!